I went home this past week! It was only for two days, but still. So I decided to put together a list of “You Might Be In Texas If…” Enjoy!
You Might be in Texas If…
- A tumbleweed blows across the field full of frolicking baby cows
- The patch of water in which you can see the grass growing from the bottom is called a lake
- The dry ditch has a bridge over it and is labeled “creek” in hopes that someday there will be water in it
- The sun is shining through the pouring rain
- The sun is shining and it’s 30 degrees with gale force winds
- The sun is shining and it’s 50 degrees
- 4-6 happened in 24 hours
- There are more people on your college tour wearing cowboy boots than all other shoes combined
- You’re disappointed you didn’t bring yours
- The boy who holds the door open says “You’re welcome ma’am, y’all have a nice day”-every time.
- Pictures of Texas on random signs do not look stupid
- The radio station host switches from English to Spanish without a second thought
- You know more about the person standing next to you on your college tour than you do about your next door neighbor in New York
- The “authentic Mexican food” sign is not lying
- And last, you might be from Texas if your first thought upon seeing the flat, brown, dry land is “God made this gorgeous state for me.” ❤
We also went to Michigan on this trip and thought we’d share a little Michigan humor with y’all today.
You Might be from Michigan If…
- Everyone is related
- Everyone knows you
- If the they doesn’t know you they know your brother
- If they don’t know your brother they know your cousin
- They probably are your cousin